- Carlos Espina '20 is making a difference, providing board games to children during the pandemic.
- Read about archaeologist Alice Leslie Walker (class of 1906), who discovered “the largest and probably still the most significant deposit of Early Neolithic pottery from Corinth.”
- Film mega-producer Jason Blum ’91 (Invisible Man, Get Out) will revive the horror classic Dracula.
- The work of Mira Lehr ’56, who mixes art with a concern for the planet, is reviewed in the New York Times.
- Frances “Sissy” Farenthold ’46, P’75, the first woman to serve as a Texas State Representative, was featured on Houston Life.
Academics & Faculty
Choose from 48 departments and programs, 51 majors, plus the Independent Program (interdisciplinary “design your own” major).
The Vassar faculty is a diverse community of scholars, artists, writers, scientists, musicians, and thinkers. Learn more about the faculty and their teaching and research interests.
- Admissions & Financial AidA Vassar education opens minds and doors.
Facts & Stats
- Average AID Award$52K
- Varsity Teams 23
- These figures are for the 2018/19 academic year.
We at Vassar are committed to attracting, supporting, and retaining a strong and inclusive campus community.
There are over 1,000 campus-wide events annually. You will find arts-related events sponsored by the departments of Art, Music, Dance, Drama, and Film; exhibitions and events at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center, the Palmer Gallery, and the Archives and Special Collections Library; and summer performances at the Powerhouse Theater.